Friday, 5 October 2018

EVERYONE LOVES A STORY

Today I will be speaking live on Facebook again, but this time I will be telling a short story. Of course, it will b motivational!

This is what this blog is all about! To help others to be encouraged, to be inspired and to be motivated. If you don't make changes to your life, then nothing will happen, so you have to get up and off your backside, and start making waves! Move!

So here I am , stepping outside the box again! Speaking out about what I believe, and encouraging others to make the most of their lives. Don't waste the gifts you have! Use them, be a blessing to others, for in being a blessing you will surely be blessed yourself!

Now is the time to take action, to get the positive energy flowing. As the energy flows it will automatically generate more positivity within. As you become more positively charged you will be amazed at the way negativity gets repelled! It is truly wonderful how like attracts to like! If you come across negativity you  can speak out against it, but you must not let it influence you. You are the one that can move if necessary!

Previously in my place of work I was being a strong patient advocate as always. I stepped in one early morning, at about 3 am, when I was working in the emergency rooms in the local hospital in Brisbane! One junior doctor had left a patient sitting in a consult room for over an hour. Treatment had been dispensed, but the poor patient was simply waiting for a sick note. So I asked the consultant to write it, so the patient could go home and get some rest. As the consultant was writing the note, the junior doctor came back to the work station and saw what was happening. She declared "That's my patient." instead of being grateful for the help and support in assisting the patient, she ripped up the note and flounced off to the consult room to write her own note and sent the patient home, finally!

Ever since that time I was not popular with that junior doctor. Later that same doctor left, went and did some more work elsewhere, and then rejoined our hospital, in a more senior position. One day I was busy working in the paediatric section, when the doctors came around with their mobile computer station, discussing all the patients in the department as hand over to the next shift of doctors. They were quite a few in the bunch that day, and so I made to go around behind them, to get some equipment. This same doctor saw me, and deliberately walked backwards into me, and jabbed her elbow into me. I was calm, and simply kept going about my work. But then that same doctor did the same thing to my work colleague, so I wrote a report about this not being acceptable behaviour on both of ours behalf!

This kind of bullying carries on all the time in the supposedly caring professions! 'it is so disappointing that we cannot care and support each other.

More of this story another time!

Enough for now, have a great day, and be a positive influence on those around you today.. Don't forget to smile! You will brighten their days! God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment