Oprah Winfrey encourages us to know who we are, to know your purpose, to know your goals. And then to plan and prepare!
She says that she leaves nothing to chance, and if you want to get somewhere, then you need to do something, and to plan and prepare. She has got to where she is, by being stretched and doing the whole 9 yards! So if you want to be successful and help others, then you have to take ACTION! To get motivated you must have goals, plans and dreams, with ACTION! Things will not get served up to you on a plate! YOU have to step out , take risks, prepare to be laughed at, but have the guts and determination to press on, keep going until you succeed! YOU need grit and determination. Fly in the face of danger, fear, what others think etc, as it really is all up to you! You must take 100% responsibility for your own life. I believe LIFE is worth living, and if it takes more action, then it is WORTH it! So come on, let's get going!
I am excited as I see, bit by bit, my circle of influence is growing. Not because I want to be famous or a big shot, but because I care and want to help others. I am learning that caring begins at home, as if you have not looked after yourself, then you are not in a position to take care of others! It is a long road to recovery when you have been hurt, wounded and damaged by circumstances. But also know that "this is NOT the time to host a pity party!" It IS the time to take stock, look around you and see what you need to do to your own life, so that you can make progress for yourself, and then be an example to others. If you can, they can too!
Let me tell you that over the last 2 years I have changed and grown in myself. I have written a book, with another on the way! I have become an international speaker, with my posts going out all over the world! It is amazing that the messages that are put out there, are being received and folks are getting encouraged and beginning to take action for themselves! This is so exciting, that the words you speak can impact others all over the planet! Words of encouragement are powerful too! Use your gifts to make a positive influence to others, be encouraging, uplifting, and supportive. This world has enough negativity in it, so you can reverse that and be positively charged and bring about a whole new way of looking at things!
People respond to kindness, smiles and encouragement. We all love to receive it, and if we are generous with it, we will get some back as well! Basically it is a win-win situation! You can give out to others, and for sure, you will receive encouragement back! It is so true that it is more blessed to give than receive, but there are times when it is so good to know that your giving is being received in a positive way! Which only goes to motivate you to keep going and to keep on giving!
Bless you today, have a great week, and please check in again for some more positive words of encouragement and affirmation!
No comments:
Post a Comment