Monday, 14 January 2019

HARD WORK WORKS!

Fail to plan means you are planning to fail. So please do a favour to yourself and make a plan for this year. It is essential that not only do you make a plan, but you implement it, as you need to take action to make things happen! Action is a positive force to help propel you forward! Keep smiling and you will get there!

Learn to be grateful for what you have. Show appreciation to those who have helped you, and thank the people who are going to help you. Above all make an effort each day to make things work for yourself. The more you achieve, the more you will be in a position to reach out to others and help to pull others up as well. That to be is a vital component of your aiming to achieve your goals, is that you include the fact that once you are on the up and up, that you aim to reach out to others and give back to society and to your local communities.

I read an incredible book last year called: "The Soul Millionaire, True wealth is within your reach" by David J Scarlett who started out in the book at the age of 28 being broke and homeless. He was mentored by an amazing man and his family who helped him to get his life back on track and to put a plan together to pay off his debt and to go on to make thousands of dollars. The help was given for free with one proviso: that when he had managed to become successful, that he, in turn would find someone to whom he can help to get back on track. I love this idea and so am aiming to make this business work and then reach out to help others also make a more successful life. On a footnote, apparently David has now written a second book which is due to be released soon! Watch this space!

Back to getting on with making an impact in the world around me, I continue to pursue the option of public speaking. Apparently this is one of the largest fears for most people. Are you scared to speak in public? One of the suggestions I received was to join Toastmasters. I did this last year and to date have delivered six official speeches. Every time I speak I learn more about myself, and continue to gain in confidence. It does not mean that I have now completely conquered my nerves! Far from it, I still worry about what other people think! But I do find that delivering a prepared speech is becoming more fun and not so nerve racking. It is the impromptu speech or the delivery of an evaluation for someone else's speech that I find more challenging! It means that you have to listen very carefully and be constructive and as positive as possible to bring encouragement but also make clear points to help the recipient learn and grow. It is a great way to learn and practice in  a safe and friendly environment. I really appreciate my club and all the members who have been so supportive as I continue on my journey!

Now, as we head further into 2019, I am determined to press on and to make as big a steps as I can. i know that all the effort will be worth it, as I fully intend to not only benefit myself, but also my family and my local community! Therefore I am pressing on.

May you also be inspired to make the most of this amazing year. Let 2019 by YOUR year, where you are stepping out with boldness and confidence, and you will achieve all the goals that you set yourself! Have a great boost this January!




No comments:

Post a Comment