When someone greets you and thanks you for your posts it makes you feel good, right?
Well it certainly does me. I am humbled and astounded when I hear how far reaching my posts travel too! I suppose in this day and age of instant social media I shouldn't really be surprised, but when it's stuff that I personally have put out there, I still am amazed at how many people are encouraged by these messages!
So it just goes to show that you never know how far your messages are travelling, or how many people have been touched by things that you have said or written!
I love it when I know that someone has been positively influenced to be a better person, because I have taken steps to put the message out there!
One of my earlier stories of being a counsellor was when I was helping an 8 year old child find her feet, due to lack of self confidence she had had some personal issues. So I challenged her to make an affirmation collage, and helped her cut out some of the things she wanted to add in to her picture. This exercise took some time, and she thoughtfully placed all her pictures and words onto her card. Finally with a small contented sigh, she sat back and looked at me and smiled. I then invited her to explain what each word or picture meant to her, and why. She went through several pictures, and expressed her appreciation of her parents and family as well as some things from her school. There was a picture of a flowering cherry tree. So I asked her why she had chosen this picture... she replied "Because I am blossoming!" I was thrilled at her insight, and asked her permission to share this insight with her mum. She was pleased to share this revelation, and since then she has progressed out of sight!!
The power of positive thinking and mindset is enormous! We do not realise what might be holding us back until we take time with a professional, or someone who can help us see something that may have been staring at us in the face! Wow, sometimes it is so hard to see the wood for the trees!
Today it is a great time to reflect and look back over the last twelve months, and see how far you have come! What obstacles have you been able to overcome? What triumphs do you have to share? Celebrate the fact that you have changed and grown over this last year, and plan for more growth and development in the coming year! Life is worth living to the MAX!
No comments:
Post a Comment