Just recently I have been challenged to step out of my comfort zone and to connect more!
So I was challenged to air live on Facebook for 30 days! I have aired 10 times in the last 10 days! It has / is being an amazing experience, as it is amazing how far reaching the posts go, the responses I am getting from people nearby and from the other side of the world have been so encouraging!
It is all part of the healing journey. All the activities that I undertake are all contributing to the ongoing journey, which is being quite remarkable! My friends say I am changing back to the more positive and confident person I once was! I have and am continuing to be stretched, and at the same time I am discovering a new liberty and freedom that I have not had for many years!
I have done things on social media that I had never done before! Like blogging, tweeting, making a webinar, learning how to create optin pages, use new social media tools that I had never heard of! It is all such a big learning curve, which at times, I must be frank with you, has been somewhat overwhelming, as I am really not techno savvy! Yet, I am learning. Nothing is too difficult if you put your mind to it! It is a matter of application, perseverance and determination!
I am getting there, albeit slowly!
Another challenge has been joining Toastmasters and standing in front of an audience and speaking out about my experience, and then learning to create a humorous speech, and then presenting it! I never thought I was funny, but my son said I was... that's because I am his funny mummy! Nevertheless, I have now spoken out at an area meeting.. so step by step I am making a difference to myself. Which in turn, will have the knock on effect of impacting those around me with the positivity that is transforming my world!
I returned to the UK to look after my elderly dad, after being away from the UK for 30 years! That in itself, has been a challenge! New location, new people to meet, and new concepts to get my head around!
The learning/growing journey continues! There is still a long way to go yet, but the getting there is encouraging and sometimes fun! Other times stretching me to the limits of my past experiences and then beyond to new horizons! There is no limit to learning, once you set out on the journey!
keep on keeping on! Never Give Up!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment